High School Award Program & Instructions
Monmouth FCU will award a $500.00 Further Education Award to (2) high school seniors (one at Monmouth Academy and one at Leavitt Area High School) who are Monmouth FCU members and complete the application below.
- Be a primary, active member of Monmouth FCU, in good standing, for a minimum of six months at the time of application.
- Be a graduating high school senior who is continuing their education as a full-time student at an accredited two or four year college or minimum six month certification program.
- Monmouth FCU employees, directors, committee members, and their immediate families are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicant must complete the official Monmouth FCU application, which includes personal accomplishments and employment information. All of these sections may be handwritten.
- Contact information must be up-to-date and clearly written.
- Application must be signed and dated by the applicant.
- Each page submitted must include the applicant’s name in the upper right hand corner.
- Award applications are available at Monmouth FCU, online at MonmouthFCU.com, Monmouth Academy, and Leavitt Area High School.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Other than what is specified, no attachments, resumes, pictures, or other materials of any kind should be submitted.
- Award recipient’s name, picture, high school, name of college, vocational or technical school, as well as content of community service information may be used in Monmouth FCU marketing efforts. (May include print and electronic media.)
- Award information will be shared with recipient’s high school.
- Award checks will be made out directly to the student upon receipt of paid invoice for books or tuition.
The Selection Committee, consisting of credit union officials, will score each applicant based on the following criteria:
- Application Information
- Decisions of the Selection Committee are final and not subject to review.
- Final award decision to be concluded by respective school committee.
To qualify and to be considered by the Selection Committee, applications must be postmarked or dropped off at Monmouth FCU no later than May 1, 2017. If mailing, applications should be mailed to:
1176 Main Street
Monmouth, ME 04259
High school guidance departments will be notified by May 15, 2017 of the scholarship award recipients. If you have any questions, please contact Charlene Brown at (207) 933-2667