Whether you are going on a family vacation, heading out of state for work or just going on a road trip, it’s important to notify us before traveling. Why? We work hard to protect your accounts against fraudulent activity and may place temporary suspensions on your debit card or account when unusual spending patterns arise.
To avoid temporary card suspensions due to unusual spending patterns, call us before you leave at (207) 933 – 2667.
Here are some travel tips to keep your money safe:
- Call the Credit Union before your travel to avoid card/account suspensions
- Always carry alternative payment methods for emergency use only (i.e., cash, traveler’s checks, credit card)
- Make sure your debit card won’t expire while you’re gone
- Remain observant for pick pockets
- Be watchful for card skimmers at ATMS